Thursday, January 13, 2011

Delicious Everything (and oatmeal) Cookies

Well, a mama on a January diet should not be baking. But, we were hosting playgroup and I didn’t want to empty our snack cabinet. Everyone loved the cookies even though I omitted the chocolate (to make them less tempting to me :)

I didn’t get a picture before they were gobbled up… next time :)

Ingredients:

  • 2 sticks of softened butter (1/2 pound)
  • 1 packed cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1.5 teaspoons almond extract
  • 1.5 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1.5 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2.5 cups uncooked oatmeal '
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup of good chocolate (I prefer high quality chocolate chips or good ol’ m&m’s)

Preparation:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease your cookie sheets. Beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and then the almond extract and vanilla.

Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well with the blender. By hand stir in the goodies (cranberries, walnuts and chocolate).

Try to get them on the cookie sheet without eating all of the dough (I should probably add some kind of disclosure about the potential danger of raw eggs). Bake them for 11-13 minutes, until they start to turn a golden brown. Cool and Enjoy!!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Yum those sound good. I was dropping by to say thanks for leaving me a comment about using Tumblr as a bookmark. I am def going to check it out and your bookmarks.
    Thanks again, and I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies sound really good. I should mention that I am pregnant and now I'm totally having a craving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to leave a friendly recommendation. When using raw eggs, try using shelled pasteurized eggs. I have been using shelled pasteurized eggs for a few years now. With all these recent egg recalls and food safety bills, it seems that pasteurized eggs are the current solution. Why would you want to risk a spending time with your family by having to go to the doctor because someone gets sick. I know every time I'm cooking or baking for my family I use them. Especially during this past holiday season they came in handy. So I would highly recommend them to anyone, especialy if you are using egg-based recipe that contains raw eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eddie! I will have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete