She tweaked a recipe that she found on epicurious.
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (OR 1/2 cup greek yogurt and 1/4 cup soymilk)
- 2 -1/2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini (about 2 1/2 medium)
- 1 6-ounce package (about 1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan [I found that using three loaf pans instead makes the cake even more deliciously moist]. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl. Beat sugar, butter and oil in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. Mix in dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk in 3 additions each. Stir in grated zucchini chocolate chips and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes [The loaves take 30-40 minutes]. Cool cake completely in pan.You can see the original recipe and read reviews of it here.
I've made it way too often lately!