Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Math- Writing Numbers


My usual worksheet loving kiddo hasn't been in the mood lately- which works for me! (For some reason for a long time Ryan has LOVED doing worksheets!)

So, we have been using a variety of methods to learn how to write our numbers. Today we tried to make the digits out of pipe-cleaners. This was actually harder for Ryan's little fingers than I expected. But, nevertheless we had fun with it for a few minutes and mommy was there to help.

We've also used playdough and shaving cream in the last few days for some practice with writing our numbers. For when Ryan does want to do some handwriting practice I've put practice sheets into plastic page protectors. He has fun writing on them with an overhead marker (dry erase markers work too, but they smudge easily). His favorite part is when I take the paper out and the marker stays put! I love it because I don't have to make copies.

3 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! We do the same thing here but instead of pipe cleaners I've just used playdough "worms". Just like tracing in the shaving cream (but whip cream or pudding is more fun) we also trace in rice or beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of using pipecleaners. I think that we will try that one!

    ReplyDelete